Saturday, February 11, 2023

PC Hardware

Computer hardware can be defined as all the physical components that are a part of a computer system. This means that all the devices that you can see on your computer can be characterized as computer hardware. For example, the screen of a computer that you see the second you turn on the device is hardware. In other words, it can also be said that hardware simply refers to all the tangible and physical components of a computer. This includes all the components that can be seen or touched. There are also different types of hardware. For example input devices are the mouse and keyboard, output devices are monitors and printers, and of course all the internal components inside the computer (motherboard, RAM, CPU). Also people can upgrade their hardware a hardware upgrade can be defined as the replacement of old hardware with new hardware. It can also mean that additional hardware has been added. This helps in improving the performance of the existing hardware. For example, individuals usually get RAM upgrades to increase the total memory of their computers. Video card upgrades are also very common. In this upgrade, the old video card is removed and replaced with a new card.

10 comments:

  1. Until this class, I never really thought about the computer as a whole system interconnected with one another. It was just parts to me. But this class has opened my eyes to another world in which previously I wanted no part of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good summary of 2.1.4 PC Hardware Facts, Jan ^_^

    Other hardware not mentioned are:
    (I)nput: mouse, keyboard, stylus pen, sensor
    (P)rocess: central processing unit (CPU) -- you did mentioned this one
    (O)utput: display monitor, speaker
    (S)torage: hard disk, flash drive, CD/DVD, paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day I would like to build my own PC from scratch. My Razer Blade Pro 17" laptop has 16 Gb RAM, 256GB PCle m.2 SSD + 2 TB HDD and I barely use it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I built my own computer back in December 2019, and have recently put my motherboard into a new case as my old case had a fan that broke. Learning to build a computer has been very beneficial to me, as in the case anything breaks, I can fix it without having to bring it to a shop that would charge me for labor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good old days with the chip thing for the video game players. We used to blow it before we plug in I don't know why we used to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PC hardware, man technology doesn't come easy to me. Thank you for the information and thorough way of explaining this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great explanation of computer hardware and hardware upgrades! It's important to understand the different types of hardware and how they contribute to the overall functionality of a computer system.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good GPU is important for playing a 4k video game.

    ReplyDelete
  9. PCs are fantastic. I recently almost crashed my PC running a simulation a 100 million times! I have 32gbs of RAM installed. I had to end the simulation at 28gbs of RAN consumed. WHOOPS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One thing that I have noticed with hardware replacement is that there aren't any guidelines that I know of as to when exactly to change the hardware. I mean, how often should I change my graphics card? or swap out my RAM? or Replace my monitor? Does each hardware have an "expiration date?" I feel like PC hardware replacing is just one of the things that we do out of convenience and not in necessity (until our monitor blows out).

    ReplyDelete